Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor hap » 15 Mar 2017 16:33

yovan dumped the funny German-speaking Kishon Chesster. The CPU is lower speed, and the speech ROM is 4x larger, but otherwise it's technically same as Chesster and was straightforward to emulate.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor Volodymyr » 15 Mar 2017 18:24

Many thanks hap and yovan.
I created new version of artwork for Mephisto Berlin&Milano.This is 90% new picture and new layout file.I have long wanted to do this.
Old variant - board off-center(was my first job).

I think external artwork for Kishon Chesster will be my last job.
Volodymyr
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 17 Mar 2017 22:57

CBF escribió:If 'hap' is still going to change the LCD driver of the C.Forte,then I'll upload a new complete package again.

Well, 'hap' has made this driver already some days ago, but only today I could finally make it working in CB-Emu -
it was a tiny incompatibility not with MESS 0.175 but with my own code, but now it's fixed and so also the LCD display
of the Novag Constellation Forte is now emulated correctly.

And there were still a few other changes in the last few days:
1) new additional ROM versions for the Fidelity Excellence EP12 and Par Excellence
2) a new option to change the CPU frequency (2/3/4 MHz) for the Novag Pocket Chess
(and I've also made a new realistic artwork this module - it's included in my Artworks2D below)
3) and finally a new device: Fidelity Kishon Chesster (with German speech output)

Here are the downloads:

CB-Emu_2017:
http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/M60sS37i/file.html
(it's necessary to also download the new ROM-package, because a few new ROMs have been added -
you'll find the link again in the file 'ROMs.txt')

CB-Emu_Artworks2D:
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/oAVn0ZVI/file.html
(also some changes, e.g. my new PocketChess artwork and Sebastián's great Montreux picture)

Regards,
CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor tibono » 17 Mar 2017 23:36

Thanks !
Regards,
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor berger » 18 Mar 2017 00:39

Thank you CBF.

Download links updated...

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor Tomás » 18 Mar 2017 10:47

Hello all,

I am new on this topic regarding the MAME/MESS emulation of the old chessboards machines, mainly because I own many of them and I didn't find interesting up to now. Anyway, I'd like to try this emulators, just to check how they work, compared with the real ones.

But, as far as I have been able to understand, it seems all this is based on the CB_emu program, which it seems it have only been released for the windows platform. Is there any source code or binary compile already in Linux to run these emulations on Linux?

Note that I do not use Wine, as it installs a lot of weird i386/i686 dependencies that have given me many headaches very time ago.

Regards,
Tomás.
Tomás
novato
novato

Notapor CBF » 18 Mar 2017 11:42

Hi Tomás!

Tomás escribió:But, as far as I have been able to understand, it seems all this is based on the CB_emu program, which it seems it have only been released for the windows platform. Is there any source code or binary compile already in Linux to run these emulations on Linux?

Well, CB-Emu is based on MAME/MESS and adds support for chess pieces (among other things), and you're right that CB-Emu is only available for Windows (and no, I don't publish my source code).

The base system MAME is published also for Linux (and together with its souces), so you could try this Linux version or compile it by yourself. But of course then you'll be missing any chess pieces on the board, so you'll have to play 'blindfold' chess.
Here's the MAME website:
http://www.mamedev.org/

Regards,
CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor Volodymyr » 18 Mar 2017 17:30

Hi,
I decided this update will be only private.This is a difficult decision.
Only for reference.This is not complete.Delete after.

Added Kishon Chesster
New v.II for Mephisto Berlin&Milano

http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/OZbR4G5R/file.html

There will be nothing more.For this hobby I need a lot of time.
I hope here will understand me.
Volodymyr
Senior
Senior

Notapor berger » 18 Mar 2017 17:45

Volodymyr escribió:There will be nothing more.For this hobby I need a lot of time.
I hope here will understand me.

Don't worry, I (we) understand it. You are not the only one who needs to take a break. In any case, thank you very much for the great work done so far. :)

Volodymyr escribió:I decided this update will be only private.This is a difficult decision.
Only for reference.This is not complete.Delete after.

I don't quite understand what this means. The .rar file has no password, you have published the link...

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor CBF » 19 Mar 2017 15:15

Hi,

today I finally found the solution for a problem which existed in MESSUI since years:
the setting 'Options > Maximum Speed > 50%' in the module menu (and also using values<0.67 for 'speed'
in the ini-files) did not work - it just sets the speed to 'unlimited'!

The reason was a wrong default setting of MESSUI for 'autoframeskip' in the ini-files (for MESS and the modules),
this option was switched OFF (i.e. set to 0) by default, but reducing the emulation speed below 67% requires that
this option set to 1.

I've now changed this value in all ini-files and made a small update - just unpack it into your CB-Emu folder,
and now you can set the emulation speed to ANY valid value.

ini_Update.zip:
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/FL3py670/file.html

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a GENERAL