Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor CBF » 16 May 2018 22:13

Hi yovan,
yovan escribió:i think in a few days there will be the fidelity elegance emulation (already dumped)

may be someone can prepare smart graphics for that board that is beautifull

a picture of this board is not necessary - I've already found a perfect one here:
http://www.blitzchess.fr/fr/jeuxdes7fam ... /elegance/

It would be a good idea if you could upload your ROM dump and post a link here,
because then I could earlier start to work (it always takes some days until the ROM
appears on the RetroROMs site.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor berger » 17 May 2018 12:32

CBF escribió:It would be a good idea if you could upload your ROM dump and post a link here,
because then I could earlier start to work (it always takes some days until the ROM
appears on the RetroROMs site.

Please do not link to roms directly here. Better indirectly, by private message, e-mail, etc. :#29:
Thank you.

BTW, Fidelity Elegance has a beautiful design.

Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor yovan » 17 May 2018 19:33

Hi berger,

you are right !

Fhub look at your mail, you will find a supeb photo of an Elegance in hres, from Blitzchess himself.

regards
yovan
novato
novato

Notapor CBF » 18 May 2018 14:22

For hap:

Could you please have a look once more at your new driver for the Fidelity Elegance?

I believe that something is not ok (or missing), because the RE button doesn't work as it should:
pressing RE should put the device in the 'Option' mode, where you can select different options
by the board squares.
But this does not work in the current driver - e.g. try the following:
Enter the move e2e4, wait for the response move and excute it on the board.
Then press the RE button, and now (instead of going into the option mode) the device just beeps
and flashes the 4 LEDs of the 2 made move, and you're still in play mode.
IOW, it's not possible at all to activate the options mode.

Of course I had to backport this new driver to MAME 0.175 (on which my CB-Emu is based on),
but I'm quite sure that I've done everything correctly (and I've already made MANY trials to fix
this problem myself).
But to be absolutely sure that I've made no errors in my changes back to 0.175, I've also added
this new driver to MAME 0.190, because for this I had to make only one minimal change in the
format of the memory map (as12_mem).
But also in 0.190 it's the same behaviour, i.e. this RE button is just not working correctly.

I'm sure you as MAME expert will certainly find the reason for this non-working button ...

Regards,
CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 18 May 2018 17:11

Yeah, it looks like the RE button literally functions as a reset button (checking the disassembly, it jumps straight to the start of the program). The RE button has 2 other functions: if you press it after PV or PB, it will access the printer. That part works fine in MAME. Even without printer emulation, I can see it writing to the printer port.

Now, a possibility is that AS12B simply doesn't have option mode. The manual on zanchetta.net is for the older AS12.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 18 May 2018 17:33

hap escribió:Now, a possibility is that AS12B simply doesn't have option mode. The manual on zanchetta.net is for the older AS12.

But how should the user then be able to set all those options which are usual for these Fidelity devices
(and which are described in all manuals)?
I'm sure all these option settings can't just be unavailable in this AS12B when they existed in AS12 (and SC12B etc. ...)
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor yovan » 18 May 2018 18:07

Hi CBF and all,
i still have the real Elegance at home.

i am not sure i understand the problem.

what would you like i test ?

regards.
yovan
novato
novato

Notapor CBF » 18 May 2018 18:21

yovan escribió:i still have the real Elegance at home.

i am not sure i understand the problem.

what would you like i test ?

Well, this Elegance doesn't enter Option mode when pressing RE (as described in the manual).

But in the meantime I think I've solved the mystery:
Going into Option mode in this Elegance seems to be done with PB, i.e. it behaves like the SC12(A),
but not like the SC12B !!!

Unfortunately without having the right manual for this Elegance, which is really correct,
it's almost impossible for me to implement such special functions in my board and pieces support. :(

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor CBF » 19 May 2018 16:18

Hi yovan,

do you know how to setup a position on the Elegance starting with an empty board?

Changing an existing position already works, but after clearing the board the Elegance behaves quite strange
when I enter setup/problem mode, so I don't know how to continue,

This is what I do:
1) first I clear the board with [PB][d7][CL]
2) then I enter the setup mode with [PB][PV] (which is the usual way for this device)
3) but now all board LEDs on row 1+2 and 7+8 are switched ON (as if it would be the start position)!?
4) If I press [CL] again to leave the setup mode and switch to verify mode with [PV], then the board LEDs are
even more mysterious: d1, c2-f2 and c7-f7 are now displayed!?

Without the manual or correct informations how to setup a position (from an empty board) I've no idea how I
should implement this problem mode ...

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor CBF » 22 May 2018 10:20

Hi,

there's a new 'Update5.zip' available.

Changes:
1) further improved (realistic) Scorpio artwork
2) new device Fidelity Elegance AS12-B
3) additional 'Turbo' mode for Fidelity Prestige and Elegance,
and also for Novag Diablo und Scorpio (for Scorpio in the 'Options' menu)

For the new Fidelity Elegance the features 'Save/Load State' and 'New game' (PB+"d6"+CL) are not working,
for starting a new game you can use the reset button (RE) or PB+"d8"+CL.
And for setting up a new position from a cleared board (PB+"d7"+CL) you still have to remove the pieces
manually after entering the Problem/Setup mode (PB+PV), before you can enter the new position.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Anterior

Volver a GENERAL