Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Mensaje por CBF » 17 Ago 2018 19:27

Hi hap,

my last ROM package included the EAG-V5 ROMs, so I tried to implement this device in CB-Emu.
Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge of hardware and MAME to support the 2nd CPU and slave ROMS
of the V5, so I just made it with the master CPU and ROM - and I was indeed surprised that it works. :)
Of course it's not a 'real' EAG-V5, but I guess you'll create a real (dual-core) driver anytime in the future. ;)

While adding this V5 driver (based on the V2 module) I came across the following 3 lines in the V2 source:
MCFG_RAM_ADD("ram")
MCFG_RAM_DEFAULT_SIZE("128K")
MCFG_RAM_EXTRA_OPTIONS("128K, 512K, 1M")

Now this 'default' value and the 'extra options' look similar to different MHz settings available in other chess modules,
so I had expected that maybe you could switch between those 3 RAM sizes when running the device, but
I couldn't find such a setting in any options (configuration) menu, neither in MESSUI nor in the module window.

Is it really not possible to change this RAM size when running the device in MAME, i.e. can you only change this value
in the source code and have to recompile it again??
If this is true, then I don't understand, what this 3rd line above in the code is good for!?

CBF

berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro
Contactar:

Mensaje por berger » 17 Ago 2018 20:19

CBF escribió:
17 Ago 2018 19:27
Hi hap, (...)
Hi CBF,

I contacted hap the other day and apparently he's, indeed, doing a "break" as a MAME developer... so let's hope he comes back soon!

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro

CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Mensaje por CBF » 18 Ago 2018 09:56

berger escribió:
17 Ago 2018 20:19
I contacted hap the other day and apparently he's, indeed, doing a "break" as a MAME developer... so let's hope he comes back soon!
That's indeed a great pity. :#26:

We have to be very grateful to him, because without him we won't even have half of the chess devices in CB-Emu.
And of course I also hope that he will return anytime ...

CBF

hap
Senior
Senior

Mensaje por hap » 18 Ago 2018 11:47

I haven't looked at feagv5, I've forwarded the roms to the rest of the team for now. About RAM options, I don't know how it's done in MESSUI, but in plain MAME it's like this with the ramsize option:

mame.exe feagv2 -ramsize 1M

CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Mensaje por CBF » 18 Ago 2018 12:08

hap escribió:
18 Ago 2018 11:47
I haven't looked at feagv5, I've forwarded the roms to the rest of the team for now. About RAM options, I don't know how it's done in MESSUI, but in plain MAME it's like this with the ramsize option:

mame.exe feagv2 -ramsize 1M
Aah, it's a commandline option, many thanks for this info! :)

I've just tried it in CB-Emu (MESSUI), not as comfortable as changing it in the options menu, but it works!

BTW, it would be great if you could still implement this V5 before making a longer break as MAME developer. ;)
(shouldn't be too much work: it's almost identical to the V2, just a 2nd (slave) CPU and ROM, and maybe some
communication between master and slave).

CBF

hayabusa
Veterano
Veterano

Mensaje por hayabusa » 23 Ago 2018 14:55

¡Hola!

El trabajo que están haciendo con los emuladores ¡es fantástico! Aún no he reparado la Fidelity Excellence EP12 3MHz que adquirí recientemente, pero gracias a CB-Emu ya estoy jugando con ella, calculando posiciones y enfrentándola a otras máquinas. ¡Muchas gracias a todos los que colaboran! :good:

Saludos,
Sebastián

berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro
Contactar:

Mensaje por berger » 23 Ago 2018 15:50

Hola Sebastián,

Por la parte que me corresponde en concreto con esa computadora... ¡Gracias por las gracias! :grin:

Saludos,
Berger
Moderador del foro

Responder