Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor CBF » 23 Oct 2017 13:53

Hi,

now I could also fix the problem with the non-working (standard) opening book of Mephisto Risc I and II. :)

I found out that the program tries to read from the memory address 0x4000, but this area was not defined in the driver.
So I've added the following line in the memory map for risc
AM_RANGE( 0x4000, 0x7fff ) AM_ROM
and now the opening book is working for both Risc modules.

So here's now a new (complete) CB-EmuX version:
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/rV9mwe4K/file.html
It also includes some other changes (e.g. improved artworks for Modena and Risc I and II).

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor tibono » 23 Oct 2017 20:26

Great, CBF.
Much appreciated, thanks!
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor Luis a » 23 Oct 2017 21:53

He repasado los artworks de Polgar (Polgar, Polgar 10 y Polgar 10 v01. Los he modernizado mejorando leds y añadiendo botones.
Han servido de base para los nuevos Risc y Risc II, en el tablero modular.

Imagen

Imagen

Como veis están personalizados con logotipos y detalles.

También modifiqué el Modena, añadiendo botones, leds y demás elementos del Milano de Volodymyr.

Imagen

Los enlaces:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e3e03dw1q ... polgar.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/js4js2r6r ... b-emu_x.7z

Saludos,
Luis
Luis a
Senior
Senior

Notapor aarteaga61 » 23 Oct 2017 21:56

Muchas gracias. En las Novag Forte no veo que haya piezas sueltas para poner sobre el tablero, cuando queremos analizar posiciones determinadas... Alguien sabe porqué. Gracias de antemano.
aarteaga61
Senior
Senior

Notapor IvenGO » 24 Oct 2017 06:45

Hi, really superb job done by everybody! Still pray for 3D exclusive board by Volodymyr to appear :)
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor Luis a » 24 Oct 2017 11:57

Olvidé meter las piezas laterales en el lay.

Cambiar modena.lay por este en la carpeta artwork\modena:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eccucjfyk ... ena_lay.7z
Luis a
Senior
Senior

Notapor IvenGO » 25 Oct 2017 09:20

The only minor bug is that for any new game RISK and -II must be a hard reset made in case that some square diodes still blink like there are no pieces at them...
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 25 Oct 2017 10:16

IvenGO escribió:The only minor bug is that for any new game RISK and -II must be a hard reset made in case that some square diodes still blink like there are no pieces at them...

Well, that's not a bug, it's just the same behaviour as the real device.
The RISCs have a magnetic sensory board, and such a board recognizes whether there's a piece on a square or not.

So if you start a new game with ENT+CL on the real device, does this automatically set up all pieces to the start position?
NO - there's still the last position from the previous game on the board, and you have to set up the start position manually!

Using a 'Hard Reset' to automatially set up the start position again is even a feature that usually would NOT work without a trick
that I've used in CB-Emu - you would still have to manually move around all pieces on wrong squares.

So this behaviour is not a bug - it's even a feature! :D

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor IvenGO » 25 Oct 2017 10:55

Hi, I meant that even if I use a special button "Start Pos" of emulator this doesnt affect at board and diodes keep blinking and playing new game isnt possible until hard reset.
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 25 Oct 2017 11:20

IvenGO escribió:Hi, I meant that even if I use a special button "Start Pos" of emulator this doesnt affect at board and diodes keep blinking and playing new game isnt possible until hard reset.

For this new CB-EmuX version these 3 special buttons ClearBoard/StartPos/TurnBoard are NOT connected
with the device in any way, i.e. they only change the external (displayed) board but not the internal one!

The problem is again the RISC modules (with their magnetic sensory board):
I simply haven't yet found a way to simulate sensor-clicks for these modules, i.e. 'sending' a click to the device
without actually having clicked on a board square.
I've done this for several Fidelity devices (with magnetic sensors) in CB-Emu (which took me many days to figure out this trick),
but these new Mephisto drivers have been written by a different MAME developer, and he has used a quite different method
and has even put this I/O code in a separate file (mmboard.cpp), so I've not yet found a solution for using the same trick here.

Unfortunately none of the MAME developers want to help me in any way, so I have to find out everything by trial and error,
and I'm not sure if I'll be able to solve this problem for the RISC modules at all. :(
So currently you have to live with this minor inconvenience and use a 'Hard Reset' for starting a new game on the RISCs.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a GENERAL