Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor IvenGO » 25 Oct 2017 11:59

Anyway its excellent to have these modules emulated after so much years! Big Thanks again!

One interesting thing: I previously thought that GideonPro and RISK-II are the same but now Im not sure: at least opening books have some differences. For example, I like to play GPA as white, so GideonPro responses with d6-g6-Bg7 system while RISK-II uses Nc6-e6-d5 variation - the same as Milano/Nigel Short does.
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 29 Oct 2017 09:40

Hi,

a member of the Schachcomputer.Info forum has manually read out the contents of those 4 small 74s288 PROMs
for the Mephisto Risc device, so I've now created ROM files - they are labeled 74s288.1-4 umbered from the
side of the connector plug (they might be in the opposite order as defined in the 'polgar' driver in MAME?):
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/uPgCwAFt/file.html

Since I've no idea of such hardware things, I can't implement them myself in MAME (and remove the
current hack for the missing ROMs), so maybe 'hap' can apprise 'Sandro Ronco' about this new ROM file.

And one other information (again maybe interesting for Sandro):
Loading a saved state doesn't work for the Mephisto Risc modules - it just does not restore the old values
for the board sensors, i.e. after 'Load State' there are still board LEDs blinking and you have to click on
all those squares to get the correct (saved) position.
I guess this has something to do with m_sensors[] not being saved/loaded, but since they are defined and
used in separate files (mmboard.h/cpp), I could not solve this problem myself.

And this strange implementation of the board sensors is also the reason that I can't find any workaround or trick
to simulate clicks on the board sensors for this driver (as I did it for many Fidelity modules with magnetic sensory boards).
So any hint how to do the same with these new Risc modules would be very welcome ...

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 29 Oct 2017 15:35

Alright, I forwarded the info to Sandro.

When I contacted him the other day, I also pointed him to the forums. So maybe he'll join too. He's on holiday right now though.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 30 Oct 2017 11:47

Hi,

here's again a new CB-EmuX version:
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/FN1j3ezK/file.html

It contains a new device (ACI Destiny Prodigy), but currently this hardware driver does not support
the sensory board (or board LEDs and sound), so you have to enter the moves manually via the
keyboard module (or the PC keyboard), and execute the moves on the board yourself.
Also you must use [ENTER] (on the keyboard module or PC) after each own move and the computers response.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor berger » 30 Oct 2017 16:36

Hi,

Thank you... It works perfect! I like very much this little chess computer. :-)

I have updated the links. BTW, it might be interesting if you remove CB-EmuX from CB-Emu.zip ...since this version is more up-to-date.

Best regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor CBF » 30 Oct 2017 17:04

berger escribió:I have updated the links. BTW, it might be interesting if you remove CB-EmuX from CB-Emu.zip ...since this version is more up-to-date.

Well, that's why I've added '_new' at the end. ;)
Since my internet upload speed is rather slow, I'm not keen on updating these big packages too often.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor berger » 30 Oct 2017 17:06

CBF escribió:Well, that's why I've added '_new' at the end. ;)

:P
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor Luis a » 09 Nov 2017 20:38

He trabajado un poco en los artworks para los últimos modelos emulados:

En Mephisto Modena (agradecimientos a Volodymyr) he añadido las piezas laterales.
Imagen

En Mephisto Risc y Risc II he mejorado piezas y botones laterales de setup y otras pequeñas modificaciones.
Imagen

Imagen

Hice un completo artwork nuevo + lay para Mephisto Super Mondial II, con botones y demás.
Imagen

Enlaces:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgd84lb0j ... Emu_X_1.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2siw47r90 ... ondial2.7z

Saludos,
Luis
Luis a
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 13 Nov 2017 14:51

Hi,

there's a new update for CB-EmuX on my website:
https://fhub.jimdo.com/

I've now made realistic artworks also for Mega IV and all (Super) Mondials.
And I've activated the 'Load/Save State' feature for Mephisto Risc I/II - at least as far as I could do it:
When you load a saved state, the external board shows the correct (i.e. saved) position, but the Risc
internally has still stored the previous position (before 'Load State').
So it displays blinking board-LEDs (usually 2 at the same time) for all squares, for which the internal position
does not correspond with the saved position, and you just have to click on these squares (with blinking LEDs)
until they all disappear - then you are ready to continue with the loaded game.

For all other magnetic sensory boards (Fidelity and Novag), which had the same problem with loading a saved state,
I could program a workaround to automatically simulate the necessary mouse-clicks, but for these Mephisto Risc
drivers I couldn't find any solution yet (and I've already tried dozens of methods!).

I guess for 'hap' this would be no problem at all, but unfortunately we can't count on his help,
so we'll probably have to live with this small inconvenience :(

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor CBF » 26 Nov 2017 15:33

A short info for 'hap':

Sandro has now updated the mrisc/mrisc2 modules and replaced his old hack for the ARM bootstrap
with the 4 recently dumped ROMs.
In principle this new driver is working, but there's now a new problem: the modules reset/newgame feature
doesn't work anymore - after using CL+ENT it correctly displays "Program Setup..', but then the modul hangs,
i.e. it doesn't respond anmore (e.g. to any function keys).
So I'm still staying with the previous (hacky but correctly working) driver.

And one general question about MAME:
why does 'Save & Load State' not really work as expected for magnetic sensory boards???
After a 'Load State' everything is restored correctly except the state of the (magnetic) board sensors -
the device still uses the board position before the 'Load State' and you have to click on all squares which do not
correspond with the saved position!
Is there anything that could be done to solve this problem, maybe by additionally saving and loading the sensor
values? And if yes, how to do this?
(BTW, all magnetic sensory modules suffer from this problem, even your Fidelity drivers, but for these
I could find a (quite complicated) method to solve this problem - unfortunately for Sandros mrisc devices all
my trials failed).

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a GENERAL