Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor CBF » 25 Abr 2017 17:05

hap escribió:That's simply because I refuse to help you. You know perfectly why we're in this clinch.

LOL, you're twisting the facts!
Not I need your help (I've already solved this problem) - I just wanted to help YOU!
But if your prefer to not fix an obvious bug in your source, just because you "refuse to help me", then it's ok, I don't care!
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 25 Abr 2017 17:19

Can we at least agree on one thing today: that our discussion was a waste of time :P
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 25 Abr 2017 17:48

hap escribió:Can we at least agree on one thing today: that our discussion was a waste of time :P

Yes, we can! ;)

Cheers,
CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 25 Abr 2017 18:35

You edited your message? You asked if I saw your PS, but even if I overclock to 1GHz(!), still no bug. Let's go back a few messages, to when I asked if it's due to your changes. Are you sure you didn't change novag6502 function read_inputs?

Anyway, I changed the possible root cause now in MAME.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 25 Abr 2017 18:53

hap escribió:You edited your message?

Yes, because I suddenly had an idea, and my new tests confirmed my suspicion: it was an error on my side!
Due to this quick bouncing one of the sensors on row 1 was still active (i.e. the LEDs were ON) when I clicked on
any other square in this row, and that of course leads to an error condition.
So there's indeed not really a bug in your driver - this sensor bouncing was the only problem!

And now, after I've made a small change in my anti-bouncing code, everything is working fine even with your 0x101 value.

Sorry for the confusion ... :(
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 25 Abr 2017 19:03

No problemo
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 25 Abr 2017 19:12

BTW, I don't know if you'd like to add an anti-bouncing code to the Presto/Octo driver, or if you prefer to keep
the original behaviour (although with the bouncing this emulation is almost unusable).

Anyway, here's my code to avoid this bouncing:
Código: Seleccionar todo
READ8_MEMBER(novagmcs48_state::presto_input_r)
{
   // P10-P17: multiplexed inputs
   // return ~read_inputs(9) & 0xff;

// hack for repeating sensors!
   UINT8 tmp=~read_inputs(9) & 0xff;
   static UINT16 last_mux=0x00;
   static UINT8 count=0;
   if (tmp!=0xff)
      switch (count) {
         case 0: last_mux=m_inp_mux;
         case 1: count++; break;
         default: tmp=0xff;
      }
   else if (m_inp_mux==last_mux) {
      last_mux=0x00;
      count=0;
   }
   return tmp;
}

In my tests I found out, that returning the scan code (tmp) only once for a mouseclick is not enough, it needs to be returned at least twice (or 3-times), and for >3 it starts to bounce, so I've used 2 for my counter.

I'm sure you would find a more elegant solution, but at least it's working fine. ;)

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor hap » 25 Abr 2017 19:23

No thanks. I'll keep it accurate to the real machine.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor tibono » 25 Abr 2017 20:05

berger escribió:Another surprise was the clock frequency: Novag stated 12MHz for Presto, when in fact it works at 6MHz... and 15MHz for Octo (see attachment) when it works at 12MHz. WTF? :#101:
Maybe Novag also commercialized Presto at 12 MHz and Octo at (truly) 15 MHz ...who knows?
Hi, as I own a 15Mhz-claimed Octo, I performed a few moves simultaneoulsy comparing the emulated one (configured 15Mhz of course) and the physical one: I point out they moved perfectly synchronized.
A big thank to all for each and every part of the work done.
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor berger » 25 Abr 2017 20:21

tibono escribió:
berger escribió:Another surprise was the clock frequency: Novag stated 12MHz for Presto, when in fact it works at 6MHz... and 15MHz for Octo (see attachment) when it works at 12MHz. WTF? :#101:
Maybe Novag also commercialized Presto at 12 MHz and Octo at (truly) 15 MHz ...who knows?
Hi, as I own a 15Mhz-claimed Octo, I performed a few moves simultaneoulsy comparing the emulated one (configured 15Mhz of course) and the physical one: I point out they moved perfectly synchronized.
A big thank to all for each and every part of the work done.
Tibono

Can you please repeat the test configuring Emulated-Octo at 12MHz against your Octo-15?
We have a positive... and now we need a negative! :-)

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a GENERAL