Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Otras participaciones no clasificadas

Moderador: Luis a

Re: Emuladores de Ajedrez de MESS

Notapor hap » 08 Jul 2017 15:31

Thanks for figuring it out. I might as well add Mach II/III to MAME too now.
hap
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 08 Jul 2017 16:28

hap escribió:Thanks for figuring it out. I might as well add Mach II/III to MAME too now.

Well, that's nothing compared to what you have already done wrt. chess modules in MAME.

So now you have more time for any of the other ROMs ... ;)

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor berger » 09 Jul 2017 05:32

Great news. Thank you! :D

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor IvenGO » 11 Ago 2017 05:29

Hi, just a few words about emulation's timing from my own experience:

main Mephisto models with 16x2 LCD (Lang and Schroeder) are +2sec/min faster than general clocks;
Novag Diablo / Super Experts and Fidelity Elite Avantgarde series have correct timing! :good:
Saiitek RISC 2500 / Montreux at original 14Mhz also are correct, at 30Mhz they are -2sec/min slower and this is still useful :cool: , but at 40Mhz they are -9sec/min slower and also get some strange bugs with time spending per some different moves (thinking far much longer than 14 and 30 Mhz in same situations)... :shok2:

By the way: there was Elite V11 platine with 90Mhz sold on Ebay not so long ago - would this new emulation be added? :D
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor tibono » 11 Ago 2017 10:32

IvenGO escribió:By the way: there was Elite V11 platine with 90Mhz sold on Ebay not so long ago - would this new emulation be added? :D
Hi IvenGO, too bad, my laptop would not be able to run the emulator fast enough... :#23:
kind regards
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor berger » 11 Ago 2017 11:09

IvenGO escribió:Hi, just a few words about emulation's timing from my own experience:
(...)

It should be noted that in most "real" chess computers, time control is not completely accurate either. This is especially noticeable in those who do not use a quartz crystal to generate the time control, but an oscillator that depends on the charge/discharge cycles of a capacitor: some of the electronic components involved (555, resistor, capacitor, ...) have a tolerance in their value, which affects the accuracy. When we reverse engineer a chess computer, the actual value of this signal is measured with a logic analyzer, and it is this value that the developers of MAME use in the drivers. If we do this measurement on two equal computers, the time control will rarely be exactly the same. The value is more accurate when the time control depends, for example, on the system clock frequency. You can check this for yourself by measuring the time in any old Fidelity chess computer, where the time can vary up to 3 or 4%

IvenGO escribió:By the way: there was Elite V11 platine with 90Mhz sold on Ebay not so long ago - would this new emulation be added?

These are not "genuine" chess computers, but modern designs (with the original program) and also with the CPU overclocked. This person has made many similar motherboards, at different speeds. In my opinion it does not make sense to emulate all these chess computers in MAME... but this is just my personal opinion, of course. :D

Regards,
Berger
Moderador del foro
berger
Moderador del foro
Moderador del foro

Notapor IvenGO » 11 Ago 2017 13:21

Aha, that's clear technical explanation, thanks!

Someone already made fantasy V11 166Mhz for MAME - whom it was? :#29:
IvenGO
Senior
Senior

Notapor tibono » 12 Ago 2017 06:22

CBF escribió:A new CB-Emu update with Excel Mach II & III is now available on my cloud folder (only the new files) ...CBF
Hello CBF, I let you know this latest update causes Rebell 5 ROM audit to fail (checksum issue). Previous CB-Emu.exe (end of May version) did not show this (small) issue.
Kind regards,
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor CBF » 12 Ago 2017 12:05

Hi Tibono!
tibono escribió:Hello CBF, I let you know this latest update causes Rebell 5 ROM audit to fail (checksum issue). Previous CB-Emu.exe (end of May version) did not show this (small) issue.

I can't confirm your 'checksum' problem with Rebell 5.
I've just redownloaded CB-Emu and the update from my cloud folder, and everything is working fine.
So either you're using a different Rebel5 ROM, or any of your CB-Emu files is damaged.

CBF
CBF
Veterano
Veterano

Notapor tibono » 12 Ago 2017 19:20

Thanks for the check and feedback, CBF. You are right. I re-installed all from scratch in a brand new directory and it is OK now.
Cheers,
Tibono
tibono
Senior
Senior

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a GENERAL