La Máquina Preservadora. Programas de Ajedrez

Software, versiones y novedades

Re: La Máquina Preservadora. Programas de Ajedrez

Notapor tibono » 11 Jul 2016 20:39

Extreme Chess : 1996 GUI by Simon & Schuster, Davidson - based on Fritz

The GUI looks like an early version of Fritz 5.32 :

Imagen

Two engines (and opening books) are available : Extreme 3.10 (Hong Kong version) and 4.01
These are the Fritz 3.10 & 4.01 renamed (browsing the .eng files one can read the initial Chessbase names)

My install succeeded with Win98SE but the installer seems to be able to install on Win 3.1 as well (I did not try this).
The CD-ROM can be downloaded from here (560Mb). You will need to mount it every 10 days ("refuel" process).

Kind regards,
Eric
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor tibono » 12 Jul 2016 14:10

Hi all,

I confirm Extreme Chess can run with Win 3.1 (done with DosBox). I had troubles with the setup.exe but simply copying the Extreme directory from the CD to the disk did the job.
Eric
tibono
Senior
Senior

Notapor tibono » 10 Ago 2016 08:57

Hello all,

A tip about Extreme Chess: I wanted to easily launch it with either engine+book version (3 or 4); without having to repeatedly dig into GUI's parameters. This can easily be done with a small DOS batch file; as parameters are saved in a .ini file in the Windows directory. Just save the .ini file after setting it using the GUI; repeat this manual process with each set of parameters you want to be able to recover, and of course naming the saved .ini consistently. The DOS batch will simply copy the saved .ini you want onto the default extreme.ini before launching the GUI.

Cherry on the cake: the number of left days before refueling will also be restored; thus CD mounting request can be ignored.
Have fun!
Eric
tibono
Senior
Senior

Anterior

Volver a PROGRAMAS